Cover Your Tracks
“Leave website” button:
If you click on this floating button it will immediately take you away from the SAVS website to the Google search engine. If you are using a computer in a public place, or somewhere that someone might see what website you are visiting, you may want to use this button to quickly leave our website.
Getting the Information You Need Discreetly
Keeping yourself and your children safe while getting the information you will need from our website is critical. Please follow these basic guidelines listed here.
DO NOT save this address as a bookmark on your browser (the software that allows you to access the internet). Write the address down and hide it where you know your partner will not find it. You may want to write this address in such a way that others will not know what it is. You can also memorize the address.
Locate and clear web browser histories on your computer. The information in these files is created when visiting web sites. Delete the information in these files. Most often the contents of these files are only computer jargon, but there is a possibility that the web sites you have visited can be traced from these files. Every browser will create and store this information differently.
Please Note: Clearing web browser histories in this way will delete ALL histories of visited websites. If you are concerned that someone may be checking up on your Internet usage, the absence of all files and history may appear suspicious.
Before closing the Browser AFTER you have left this site:
PC Windows – Internet Explorer
- Select the Tools in the menu bar. Open the Internet Options Dialog Box and select the General Tab.
- In the Temporary Internet Files, click Delete Files. Check the “Delete all offline content” and click OK.
- In the History, click Clear History.
- Click OK to exit the Internet Options Dialog Box.
PC Windows – Netscape
- Select the Edit in the menu bar, then select the Preference.
- Under the Category, select Navigator. Then click Clear History.
- Under the Category, select Cache under Advanced. First click the Clear Memory Cache followed by the Clear Disk Cache.
- Click “Tools” – “Options”.
- With the “Options” dialog box appears, click “Privacy”.
- Click the “History” tab.
- Click “Clear Browsing History Now”.
- Press “OK” to close the dialog box.
(right click the mouse on the Start at the bottom of the menu bar, select Explore)
- Select Windows in the C drive.
- Open the Temporary Internet Files Folders. Select all the files inside this folder and delete.
- Open the History folder (e.g. c:\windows\history\today in Win 98), select all the files inside this folder and delete.
- Open the Cookies folder (e.g. c:\windows\cookies in Win 98), select all the files inside this folder and delete.
- Disable the AutoComplete in the windows and/or browser options.
Finally, after completed the above deletions, you should also empty the recycle bin.