Caring, dedicated and mature people are needed to provide front line support, information and referrals to victims, families and others affected by crime or tragedy. We're looking for volunteers who share our genuine desire to help others in a time of crisis and who have strong communication skills.
Volunteers should have the capability to work with the RCMP as well as have the availability to work evening shifts and be on call week-ends on a rotating basis.
Volunteers must also:
- Be a Canadian citizen or landed immigrant
- Agree to a complete Security Clearance
- Meet the terms of the program
- Complete the core training
- Have a valid driver's licence
- Maintain confidentiality pursuant to The Freedom of Information & Privacy Act.
We provide our volunteers with training and professional development opportunities throughout the year. Our training program deals with victimization and how this has an impact on victims.
If you are interested please pick up a volunteer application form at:
St. Albert RCMP Detachment
96 Bellerose Drive
To view the Victim Advocate Volunteer Information Package and Application Form please click here.
To view the Board Member Volunteer Information Package and Application Form please click here.